Environment and climate causes receive awards thanks to nominations from the public
Five environment and climate charities have each been awarded £5,000 as part of the Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards.
In recognition of the COP27 conference, members of the public were invited to nominate environmental and climate causes close to their hearts, with five awards of £5,000 available.
Greener and Cleaner in Bromley is one of five charities set to benefit from the money. The charity helps people work towards creating a greener and more sustainable local community. The group of volunteers share information and resources to reduce people’s environmental impact at home, at work and in the wider community.
Another charity, Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust, will also benefit from the funding. The charity aims to preserve, recreate and reconnect Gloucestershire’s wild places. The charity wants everyone in Gloucestershire to value, enjoy and share wildlife in the county.
In total, more than 14,000 people nominated over 1,000 environmental and climate causes up and down the country. The five winning charities were picked at random from those nominated.
Mark Hews, Group Chief Executive of Benefact Group, said: “We would like to thank every single person who took the time to nominate environmental and climate causes as part of our Movement for Good Awards. Benefact Group is the fourth largest corporate donor in the UK and has an ambition to be the biggest. Owned by a charity, all of our available profits go to good causes, and the more the group grows, the more the group can give. As a company whose purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society, charitable giving is at the heart of what we do. We know that £5,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives, and our planet, for the better.”
Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards gives over £1million to charities each year. For more information about the awards visit www.movementforgood.com
Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
The full list of winning environmental and climate charities that have each been awarded £5,000 are:
About the Movement for Good Awards
- Benefact Group’s Movement for Good Awards is giving away over £1million to help charities change lives for the better.
- 250 £1,000 grants were given away in June, a further 250 £1,000 grants were donated in September. £500,000 has been given in larger grants in October followed by five £5,000 awards which were donated to environment and climate causes in November. 120 £1,000 grants will be given away in December.
- Movement for Good is funded by EIO plc, part of the Benefact Group.
- For more information visit movementforgood.com
About Benefact Group
- Benefact Group is an independent, specialist financial services group that exists to give all its available profits to charity.
- Owned by a registered charity, Benefact Trust, Benefact Group’s family of businesses provide specialist insurance, investment management and broking and advisory services in the UK, Australia, Canada and Ireland.
- Benefact Group is the fourth-largest corporate donor to charity in the UK, according to the UK Guide to Company Giving 2021/22. It has donated over £100m to charity since 2016 and is aiming to reach its target of giving £250m by 2025.
- Many businesses say they are different. Benefact Group really is. Find out why here benefactgroup.com
- The Benefact Group family of brands includes:
- Ecclesiastical UK
- Ecclesiastical Canada
- Ecclesiastical Ireland
- Ansvar UK
- Ansvar Australia
- EdenTree Investment Management
- SEIB Insurance Brokers
- Ecclesiastical Financial Advisory Services
- Ecclesiastical Planning Services Ltd
- Lycetts Insurance Brokers
- Lycetts Financial Services
- Lloyd & Whyte